First of all, I want to thank those who have taken the time to leave a comment on last week’s post. Feedback is always welcome!
Last week’s prompt was hormones, those precious things in our body that we need to function properly, but that can make life quite a challenge at times. Don’t think only of those teenage hormones that got us so interested in sex, but also the hormones that cause women to have menstrual problems or the consequences men and women have from thyroid imbalance, when either too much or to little of the hormones coming from the thyroid are released. We have so many hormones in our bodies… the growth hormone, the hormone stimulating milk production in women or the hormone that causes pregnant women to start contractions. There’s a hormone to maintain the water balance in the body and of course the thyroid hormone that helps to maintain a healthy metabolism. Without hormones, our bodies would not function at all.
So, last week’s posts were all about hormones. Some of them were fiction, others were true stories. Some were funny and others were sad and raw confessions. When I made my short list for the top 3 of last week’s prompt, I had 6 – 3 fiction and 3 real life posts. I had to decide what to do. Go with three of the same or a mix of the two. And if I go for three of the same, do I go for fiction or real life. The fiction stories were brilliant, but I decided to go for the real life ones, because each of those I chose, touch me in a really special way.
So without any further ado, this is my top 3 for the hormones prompt:
I’ve got the power by Molly’s Daily Kiss
I found myself nodding through most of Molly’s post. We, as women, are not weak. Far from it! We might be complex, but most of all we are strong! Just read this post, and I am sure you will agree with Molly!
My shame by A to sub Bee
I can imagine that this post wasn’t easy to write. Sub Bee tells us about how PCOS affects her and what bodily changes she has because of it. Read this post and you will see what an awesome woman she is!
Carried by Cammies on the floor
This raw and honest post by sister A of the Cammies had me choking back tears. I wanted to hug her, wanted to comfort her. She’s a strong and courageous woman, and not only because she’s sharing this with us.
I decided it’s time for a writing challenge again… and this challenge involves three words…
The words are:
Cowboy – Biker – Rope
The challenge is to use these words to write a story or a poem, or post a photo.
These are the guidelines…
- Stories should be a minimum of 500 words with a maximum of 1000 words.
- Poems should have rhythm and rhyme.
- Photos or a series of photos should ‘tell’ a story that fits the prompt.
Share your sexy creations!
(Of course, as always, you can also choose to not follow the prompt, but still share your posts.)
- The rules for this meme can be found here and you can download the Wicked Wednesday badge on the same page.
- Don’t forget to add the Wicked Wednesday button to your post, post on your blog and come back here to link your post. You have from the moment the prompt appears until Thursday morning roundabout 9.00 am (Western European time) to link your post on the Wicked Wednesday Entries page.
- There will be a prompt every week to help those who need a little push of inspiration to put something to paper… Or rather, to know which keys to touch.
- Please note that it is not compulsory to follow the prompt. It is only here for inspiration when you need it!
Thank you for participating and please, don’t forget to visit and read the other entries too! We all love to receive comments on our entries. Spread the love!